
Per Skjelbred extends his contract
Per Skjelbred extends his contract

Hertha BSC have extended the midfielder’s contract, which was due to expire in the summer. The Norwegian has played for Hertha since 2013.

Berlin – Per Skjelbred will remain at Hertha BSC past this summer. Michael Preetz and the midfielder have agreed to extend the 31-year-old’s deal. “Per is an absolute role model when it comes to professionalism, ambition and hard work. He has now been at Hertha for over five years and has always served the club well. He is an important part of the team on and off the pitch, so we are delighted that he will be staying here,” commented Michael Preetz on Tuesday (22/01). “I always made it clear that I would like to stay here in Berlin and play for Hertha. My family is also very settled here. I’m happy to carry on playing in the Bundesliga as well. We have a young and talented squad, with whom we can still achieve a lot more,” said the ex-captain of the Norwegian national team. “Per has a massive footballing heart and all the players can learn something from him. During my reign in charge, he has been one of the players to feature the most,” said a satisfied Pál Dárdai.
Skjelbred, who won the league four times and played in the Champions League with his hometown club Rosenborg, joined the Old Lady in 2013 on loan from Hamburger SV. He then signed permanently for Hertha the following season. He continued performing consistently and slowly became a key figure for the club. So far, he has made 162 competitive appearances for Hertha, scoring twice and making eight goals. He also won 43 caps for his country before retiring.